Monday 2 April 2012

Standing in the Car Park alone

So I have to admit I have been stood up twice. Ok not counting the " I'm not feeling well/ somethings come up" texts I have received less than 12 hours before a designated first date. They don't count. The are annoying mind you! But you get to realise the something that's come up is usually something men have in their trousers after some other girl has shown some interest in them! Its the law of averages- you win some you loose some!
So twice I have actually been left waiting for someone who isn't going to show up. For this reason I normally like to meet people in the car park as opposed to inside the bar/pub as you don't look like such a Muppet waiting for someone who isn't going to show up. I think its harder for a female to walk in a place she doesn't know on her own anyway. Even in this modern world  a pub is still predominantly a mans domain.
Let me set the scene for my embarrassing moment:
I was on line one Sunday afternoon and the weather outside was nice. I had spoken to this guy - lets call him Simon (cos that is his name according to his profile!) a few times previously but he then had vanished. The conversations had never been specific, he didn't ask anything about me or my life at all. So suddenly he pops back on and asks me if Id like to walk my dog with him that afternoon. I was a bit weary as I hadn't heard from him for a few months, and when he then asked when were my kids home (I only have 1 so shows how he paid no attention) I was quite blunt and said " I have to say it sounds like you want to meet up and then just go back to someones" . He got offended by this slightly and said "No, I just think its best to talk face to face". So I agreed to go on the dog walk, and got myself sorted out whilst I waited for him to pick me up. Now normally I wouldn't ask anyone to come to mine before I had met them somewhere neutral, but to be honest I couldn't be bothered to drive anywhere and it was on his way anyway.
So an hour later I'm still sat at home waiting for him to turn up. ( No this isn't how I got stood up- it gets better!) I send a text asking if he has got lost, thinking at the same time he has stood me up. The reply came back- "No I'm waiting at Bradwell for you". "Oh, I'm sorry I thought you were picking me up.Never mind I will grab the dog and drive down. Are you in the Car park by the Chapel?" "Yep that's the one" " I will be 15 minutes".
So I got the dog, jumped in the car and drove down there. I pulled into the car park and could only see Couples in Cars or empty Cars. Okay maybe hes waiting by the Chapel. So I get out the car with the dog and send the text "Are you waiting somewhere?" 
Silence- No reply
So now I start to think Ive been stood up. So I walk the dog and send a message that says
"Okay well done You sent me on a wild goose chase. Never mind at least the dog gets a walk"
and then for good measure another one 5 minutes later that just said
"COCK"
As I continue on the dog walk, my phone battery dies, and I try to not see the bad in every male of the population, or join the men haters of the world, when a sudden thought dawns on me
" Oh crap he knows where I live- what if he is currently robbing my house!"
I had to laugh- that would be just my luck!
When I returned home everything was still there (not that I have a lot worth taking ). But let this serve as a lesson to all (including myself, who I admit must have got a bit slack over the safety rules with this one!). Don't let any stranger know where you live- not everyone is as honest as yourself.

1 comment:

  1. Well Bon you got that right 'cock' indeed! Lol kms x

    ReplyDelete