Saturday 21 April 2012

The secret Spy & old photos.

I might have mentioned this subject before - profile pictures. Now basically with on line dating (and also when you meet people out and about) the first thing you are interested in is how they look. You have to find them attractive. There is no point in striking up a conversation with someone who you don't like the look of, because those magic sparks wont fly when you kiss. Its more of a turn off than on!
Recently a guy sent me a message through a site asking to chat. I replied that I don't talk to people without Photos. May sound shallow but that's my rule and I'm sticking to it (well I should do!) He told me he worked for the Government and people he worked for told him that its so easy to become a victim of identity theft through dating sites, so he doesn't show his picture. I did find this a bit extreme, but he begged to send me a picture so I agreed. I gave him my email address (a back up one with no mention of my full name on!) and waited for the picture. As usual it turns out the real reason he didn't show himself on line was because he was blooming ugly! Sorry sounds harsh but its the truth!
I did my usual "I'm sorry but your not my type" and blocked him from viewing me anymore.
A week or so later I was on another dating site and out of nowhere pops this profile up- Its the secret Spy! But this time with a photo! I was so tempted to send him a message saying " Don't they take your identity from this site?" but that would have meant he then had my profile details- so I decided to leave well alone and block him on there too!
I promise myself never ever to talk to anyone without a picture ever again!
On the same type of subject, I always wonder how old some peoples profile pictures are. As I had my hair cut short 2 years ago I cant get away with any older pictures than that. But some people do seem to! I met a guy once who when I asked how old his photos were he replied oh only a few months old. Turns out via a snoop on Facebook these pictures were actually over 3 years old! Okay some people don't change that much but come on talk about false advertising! I also chatted to a guy in the last few weeks that each time I looked at his profile his age had changed! He went from being 36, to 32, to 28 in a matter of days! When questioned he replied it was so the older ladies wouldn't find him in a search! So if he was lying about his age what else was he lying about! Some people just cant help themselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment