Saturday 21 April 2012

There is a reason for them being an Ex

I had planned to write a full and frank blog last week when two exs got back in touch. But after sleeping on it a few days (the idea not on them!) I decided why waste all my time and effort on people that clearly aren't worth a second thought. There is a reason that things didn't work out with either of them (both completely different reasons) and I should always remember to not look back with regret or thoughts of "what if".
To be honest one of these guys I'm glad he seems to have finally moved on in his life. We parted 2 years ago, but that hasn't stopped him from trying it on again, asking me to meet him at various points over the last few years. I have met up with him in the past, but only as friends as that makes it easier. Had a chat few drinks and parted company. Last week I found out he is to become a dad again. It turns out he has been seeing this girl for the last 18 months on and off. I honestly hope it works out for him and I wish them the biggest luck in the world. I'm not bitter, to me it just goes to show how fickle some blokes are. Looks to me like every time it want going right for them he would come sniffing back round me. I'm glad I stuck to my guns.
As for the other one, well it happens to be the one who broke my heart at Christmas. He got back in touch after noticing we were no longer friends on Facebook. To be honest I was shocked it took him a month to notice- bearing in mind the profession he is in! If he isn't that observant I don't think the streets are safe at night! I had deleted his number but worked out who it was. He said he missed me and wanted to be friends. He had met someone else but it only lasted two weeks. Then suddenly the messages changed and he got very flirty dirty. We agreed to meet up for coffee (as friends ) and see how we got on. I told him I didn't know if I wanted to punch him for what he did to me or if I could just be friends with him. He said he didn't want a relationship with anyone, he preferred being single.
So what happens- 3 days later and 2 days before we are meeting for coffee he texts and says 'Ive meet someone new, I thought it was best I told you'. Honestly! I told him a few home truths and wished him luck! I also took the liberty to cancel our coffee - because as far as I was concerned we were meeting as friends, but going on past experience he was bound to cancel anyway! I give that 3 weeks before hes bored and single again. I get the feeling he likes the first few weeks with someone new, and then when you find your feet with each other he gets itchy feet and runs away!
Both of these guys are well and truly out of my life for good now. I have plenty of male friends and don't need to be used as a spare part or back up when they are bored. But it just goes to show leopards don't change their spots. People from your love relationship past should stay just there- in the past. Look back on some great memories but for gods sake dont let them into your future!

No comments:

Post a Comment