Sunday 1 January 2012

Ready to hit 2012 full on and a funny story from 2011 !

Well yesterday I took the advise of a good friend and had a spend up on some new clothes. Cant afford it but he if I want to catch the man of my dreams I wanna look good! I am making a pact with myself to make sure I get out with the girks at least once a month, even if its just a bottle or two round each others houses. Blokes may come and go (less of the go I hope) but your girlfriends always stay loyal.
So as I have no new stories to part with I thought Id bring one up from the past. Where to begin? ermmm how about with this one...
I had chatted to this guy on line and on the phone for a while. Seemed to have similar interests and got on famously on the phone (although I have now come to realise theres not many people I dont get on with- Im just a chatter box !) Although I had my doubts about his looks as his photos all seemed to vary I decided to take a chance and meet him.
He arrived 20 minutes late (at least I wasnt stood up- only happened to me once so far but thats another story!) after getting lost as he failed to charge his sat nav up before hand. He had informed me before we met that he was into retro clothes so it shouldnt have been a big shock. Except I wasnt expecting to see a man in Ligth brown cords, red t shirt far too short around his belly (not six pack!) get out of his car. There are only so many people who can pull off a 70s style football managers sheepskin coat and boy he wasnt one of them!
I tried my best to mask my dissappointment/shock (not too well it turns out apparently!) and we went to the pub for a drink (hoping no one I knew saw me ! Never picking my local again!). Tried to make small talk but I just couldnt muster much enthusiasm ! He also decided to make me feel more uncomfortable by grabbing my hand across the table and holding on to it. If I thought it couldnt get any worse it was about to.  On two occassions he left the table to go to the gents. No problem there, (would of been better if he didnt return!) but as he walked back to the table BOTH TIMES I could see dribble/wee marks down the front of his lovel cords. Oh god I didnt know where to look!
Needless to say the date didnt last long! I left to feed the dog (poor excuse I know!)

No comments:

Post a Comment