Monday 2 January 2012

An act of revenge

I know this is supposed to be a Blog about my dating disasters but I thought today Id tell you all about an act of revenge I carried out a fair few years back. I'm not a complete bunny boiler, just tend to act first and think later. Every now and again I remember the actions I took and it still makes me smile.
I had been in a relationship with a guy for a few years and we had even bought a house together (those who know me will know who this is!). I was completely blind to the blatantly obvious signs that something was going on behind my back, so when it ended I was slightly shocked. After a few weeks of denial and a month or two of him coming round and in hindsight playing one off against the other it all came to a head one night. I don't remember what started it, I do remember being very upset and angry. To the point that my neighbour who was a friend of mine knocked on the door to check I was OK. I'd called my mum and she was on her way round to collect some of my stuff for me to move out for a while. So whilst mum went off with my stuff in her car I turned to my friend and said ' If you weren't here Id be doing some crazy crap right now'. Her response, as all good friends would of said was ' Don't let me stop you!'
First thing in my eye line was his work boots -' Oo I just need a wee!' I told her and whisked the boots off to the bathroom with me. When I returned downstairs with a grin on my face I then went to the kitchen and filled the kettle with apple sour shots and the iron with Vodka. I then decided to return upstairs and throw his boxers out of the windows and into the trees down the side of the house in full Neighbours view. My last act was to pick up his other pair of work boots and fill the toe end of one with Tomato Ketchup!
All immature stuff but helped my initial anger!
As I was showing my friend the Ketchup, the target for my attack turned up on the doorstep ( the door was open for my mum to come and go). He muttered something about realising he couldnt stay in the house that night so had come to collect some clothes and stuff. I let him take his stuff, including both sets of work boots, and go on his way without yelling at him too much.
The following day whilst at work he came into the office to see me (I worked for his family business ) and said he knew what I had done to his boots as he had found the Ketchup so I shouldnt be looking so smug. When I looked down he was wearing the other pair ! For weeks after that I did smile to myself deep in the knowledge he was walking round in a pair of boots which had been soaked inside in my wee !
Just as an extra bonus moment I sat round the neighbours that afternoon and whilst chatting her door bell rang. She opened it to see the fellas younger sister on her door step - she was knocking on all the doors asking if anyone had seen her brothers pants!
I did on another occassion out of spite before I moved out that house for good, put prawns down the inside of the sofa and use his toothbrush for cleaning the bathroom (well only one particular part of the bathroom!)

Id like to say I would never do that type of thing again- but Id be lying! Ive read about many womens acts of revenge (including a woman who gave her cheating boyfriend a willy massage using green food dye!) and had many discussions with friends about what you could do.

The best form of revenge is always the ones they never find out about!

No comments:

Post a Comment