Tuesday 21 February 2012

Faces from my childhood

I was just struggling to think of what next to write about, and my lovely brother just reminded me of something that has now happened to me on two occassions via internet dating sites.
I will admit when I was at school I looked somewhat different- I think I once said 'I would never have touched myself looking like I did'. I would like to think I have improved with age- like a good bottle of Champagne (not vintage yet I hope!). I suffered with spots, big eyebrows, awful taste in hair styles with big perms and flicked side partings. But underneath it all I'm the same person- okay different hair colour and better skin- but still the same.
So it amazes me when I get approached on a dating site by guys who went to school with me, and don't realise its me they are trying to hit on!
About a month or so ago I had whats called a "meet me" hit. Basically someone had seen my profile and was too shy to write a full message so they send a hint. I studied the small picture on their profile and sent them a message " Hi thanks for the meet me, I'm sure I know you from somewhere".
 He replied- "Oh are you sure Hun.?"
 Me :" Did you ever live in Kelvedon?"
 Him: "Now you have me worried hun. Yes I grew up there."
So I had to put him out of his misery and confusion and told him
" If I'm right you played football with my twin brothers for years "
It all fell in with him then and he realised who I was ! Poor bloke ! My brother said I should have kept it going longer- but I cant be that cruel! He isn''t the only one though. Only last week I had a guy request to contact me, and he again went to school with me. When I said to him that we went to school together he still couldnt place who I was. I eventually had to tell him my name and he then remembered me. He said I had changed and was I interested in meeting up on a date with him. I hate to say I ribbed him a bit as he hadnt changed at all since school-and passed over the date option!

No comments:

Post a Comment