Sunday 10 February 2013

Eggs is eggs

In the film Runaway Bride , Richard Gears character Ike asks all of Julia Roberts character Maggie ex fiances how she takes her eggs. Each one of them says a different variation. She always ate her eggs however the man she was with ate them. Eventually at the end of the movie she discovers for herself  how she actually likes to eat them.
 I believe each and every one of us are like that. We say we never change, but in reality we all make small changes to be similar to our partners . We are like chameleons who adapt to suit their surroundings. I know I do.

In my time I must have supported several different football teams, West Ham, Spurs, Arsenal, Leeds, Chelsea etc. I even started developing an interest in Motorbikes, which has stayed with me even after splitting with the boy who got me interested in them to start with.  I don't think it makes me a different person, I think it shows I like to pay an interest in to what gets my mans heart racing apart from me.  Its not a major change, its just adapting to suit the environment and broadening my interests to be able to hold a conversation about his favourite team, player, or even the much discussed and misunderstood by women "offside rule" ! Its not that I want to become that person, their female double, its more about learning how they tick.

I would never go so far as to change my views or opinions on important issues, and I would never change how I act or dress etc unless it was something I wanted to do. Every time I have been on a diet it has been for me and not because a man told me I would look better slimmer. You have to love yourself for others to love you. If you don't believe in yourself how can any man see your inner goddess.  At the same time I wouldn't try and change someone to like everything I like. Its good to have seperate interests and differing opinions sometimes.  I wouldn't expect a man to try and change my interests, but it always helps if he accepts me for what I am, even if that is a bit kookie at times.

Where am I leading with this? Maybe to admitting a change of heart. I have always been a firm believer that distance does have a negative impact on a relationship. I have always dismissed any one who lives too far away. But as I have got older I am starting to realise its the time you spend together that matters not how far apart you live. Every one has busy lives, especially if you have kids and a job to hold down. So in the first stages of dating or a relationship it isn't always possible to meet up in the week after work. So if someone lives a few hours drive away it shouldn't matter. As long as you keep the lines of communication open, and you trust them and yourselves things can work out.

 You just have to go with it. Make sure when you spend time together you make the most of that time. Don't get distracted by the little things in life, open your eyes to each others worlds and try to bring the two together. If things work out then the future will adapt to suit you.

Besides a change of scenery is always a good thing!







No comments:

Post a Comment