Friday 11 January 2013

Positive mental attitude - with less of the mental!

So the New Year is upon us and I slowly head towards my last Year in my 30's.
Am I worried that I am Single?
Do I feel a victim of the dating world ?
Do I feel I should be acting like a grown up?

Simple answer -

Last Birthday I asked my eldest nephew that same question - Should Auntie Bonnie grow up? His answer -No! I should stay Silly! And I have to agree with him. Okay my life may not be run of the mill and I'm not in a steady long term relationship but does that matter? Hell no ! Only this morning an ex of mine made contact for the first time in nearly a Year and asked how life has been. After a short explanation he responded with "Nowts changed then!"  Thing is I don't care. I know somewhere out there is my lifes goal, my partner in crime. The path I am on may be winding but I don't let it get me down. My new found Yoga DVD is helping me get up and shrug off life's day to day dramas. I have always worn a smile on my face and maybe some people can not understand why. I am always true to myself and never lie (well occasionally a small white one during the working day !) . Whats the point?  Why waste all that energy on negativity. Okay the truth may hurt sometimes, but if someone doesn't like the truth they shouldn't ask for it.

So I hurtle along as always towards the weekend and a new first date. Simple one this time, a coffee lunchtime drink and if all goes well a dinner date next weekend. Keep it simple on a first date. That way no one gets stuck with a huge restaurant meal bill, or the cost of a new outfit to impress. Plus the less alcohol consumed the first date, the less your judgement or eyes deceive you. I'm sure we have all had the coyote ugly moment - as defined by the urban dictionary:

coyote ugly
Waking up from a drunken stupor to find that your sexual partner of the previous night is not only ghastly, but is sleeping with his/her head resting on your arm. The only way to escape, without waking the beast, is to chew off your arm and flee.

That is something I wish to never repeat in my life time ( no mum and dad I'm not saying I have ever done it !  Your daughter is a good girl! )

Wish me luck !

No comments:

Post a Comment