Sunday 11 March 2012

Red Trousers and a Little Black Dress

If any one would have told me Id be sitting here writing about a guy in Red Trousers I would have guessed it would be a horror story. But for once I was actually impressed!
Last night I had a lovely first date with a guy (yes you Rich!). He got bonus points for researching and finding a restaurant near me that he guessed I had never been to before. He picked me up (ok ten minutes late but that's forgiven as he text to apologise for running late) and even opened the car door for me like a true gent.
We had a delicious meal in a lovely restaurant (Swallowtail in Burnham on Crouch, on the marina) and I thoroughly enjoyed his company.  I had spent the best part of yesterday trying to decide what to wear as I'd never been to this restaurant and didn't want to be overdressed. On the advise of a good mate and my father I plumped for my faithful little black dress that regardless of where I am I know I feel wonderful in it. Even a wobble over shoe options didn't seem to worry me too much- I was in my favourite dress.
As for the red trousers (well claret or burgundy really) - well he certainly knew how to carry them off ! I never would have thought Id like a man in red trousers but he proved me wrong! He was immaculately dressed and a real pleasure to be with. He made me laugh, smile and didn't looked bored when I rambled on far too much!
I am truly looking forward to my second date !

No comments:

Post a Comment