Tuesday 6 November 2012

Oh yeah that's not me in my profile picture

So I find myself on line and I spot a nice looking chap. Lives fairly local, drives, single, no children, employed. All main boxes ticked. So I send him a message and we get talking.
From the start his messages are a bit off .As in they don't completely make sense or seem very over the top. Maybe its me, maybe I read far too much into peoples messages or texts.
Hi ya , it sure is a pleasure to meet a beautiful young mother here on this site whom I am attracted to. I love what i saw and read all about you. I am interested in knowing everything and hopefully meeting in person for a quiet drink and a long chat see if we can start a mew love story. You look really lovely with a wonderful smile. can I ask how many children you have? Do you drive? Please..... I am **** how nice to meet you xx

So aside from the small spelling error (forgivable) I found it a bit strange. Then the next message told me how he enjoyed being a Scout leader and then which street he lived on and his mobile number!
I was taken aback. I started to wonder if he was a bit unworldly if you know what I mean. But I continued to chat to him and eventually text him to make it simpler.
Then he sends me 3 photos of himself. I'm pleased to say not of his anatomy ! But it was becoming obvious from the photos that he looked completely different to his one profile photo (I know I broke my rule- 2 photos or no talky!)
So I asked the question:
"You look different in those photos to your profile?"
"Yes, that's because the site would not load me. So I used my twin brothers picture to get me started"

TWIN BROTHER!!?? 

So I checked "So your profile picture isn't you?"
" Its my brother **** as we are twins who is to notice the difference in us? If this bothers you and makes you want to go find someone else to talk to be my guest, its a free country"

I was gobbed smacked.  Okay so you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but come on! I have twin brothers, I went to school with a set of twins, my ex mother in law is a twin! They are each different to the other and there is no way my brothers would try and use each others photos as themselves (well I hope they wouldn't!). Maybe I will post a photo of my mother and say this is what I may look like in 25-30 Years time, or one of my daughter - actually no that's a bad idea ! The net is full of wrong uns already without encouraging them!

So no, I will not be talking to this lookalike again. If he can't be honest straight off he is not worth the future lies!

No comments:

Post a Comment